Monday, May 6, 2013

Use Some TLC...

When I went to the dentist recently, they told me that I would have to have one of my wisdom teeth pulled because it had a huge cavity. I did explain to them that it has been two years since I had a cleaning or check-up. Now, if I would have been going to the dentist regularly and had been more mindful of how I brushed and flossed my teeth, I probably would not have had an issue with cavities.

But just as God requires us to be good stewards with our time, talents and treasures, he also asks of the same for our physical bodies. In other words, good stewardship is when you use some good ole' TLC(tender loving care) with everything that you do. My husband gave me some good advice. He said that God requires to be a good steward all-around. Whether it be in ministry, family, finances, vehicles, clothes or personal hygiene, we all have a responsibility as believers of God to be accountable and careful in our decisions, which is key is being a good steward.

I Corinthians 4:2 says "Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful" (NKJV)
From this passage, we can understand that a requirement of stewardship is faithfulness. And then that faithfulness also includes TLC because when one is faithful to something, it's important to them. And their actions show it. We also see that example in the Parable of the Talents when Jesus explained how the master rewarded each servant according to their faithfulness and care.

“So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, ‘Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.’  His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’" Matthew 25:20-21 (NKJV)

So there are benefits in being a good steward of all the God has given you. But the critical part is that in being a good steward is the attitude of your heart. Use some TLC in all that God has given you responsibility to care for. It is what He desires.

Blessings and Peace from your strange girl,
Elder Twanna House

P.S.  This blog is dedicated in memory of my dear sister in the Lord, Elder Raychelle Gaston, who suddenly passed away last week. Love you sis. You will be missed...

(c) 2013 The Chronicles of a Strange Girl by Elder Twanna House

No comments:

Post a Comment