Monday, May 27, 2013

Full Custody

In some legal situations, the court may order to have full custodial rights of a child to be given to either parent. Then the non-custodial parent can be given visitation rights if it is shown both parents are cooperative. However, there are some cases where the court may decide the non-custodial parent is not fit to have visitation rights such as being incarcerated, drug abuse and possibly other reasons.

Just as there is a judge that gives custodial rights in the courtroom, we as believers have a choice to give full custody of our minds to the Spirit of God or the spirit of the enemy. What do I mean?  Everyday, you decide what you allow to visit your mind. Whether is a new visitor or a recurring one in your thoughts, the question becomes what are you allowing in your mental space? And who or what are you giving full custody to when it comes to how you think?

Jesus addressed the issue about what we give our minds to even when we so concerned about life:  “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:31-34 (NKJV).

In my personal life, I had to learn that I do not need to waste time of past things that I can not change. The reason is my present day is already going to have its own share of issues. Why complicate things by revisiting or giving full custody of your thinking to your past? I mean really. That is the enemy's gateway to keep you in bondage and make it more difficult for you to have a sound mind.

Each and every day, we have to make decisions. It would make our lives much easier when we are mindful of what we allow ourselves to think. I am learning you make better decisions when your mind is free from any negative thoughts, feelings, etc. That is when you can be better be a better judge and decide to whom you should give your mind full custodial rights. Guess what? You (as I have learned too) must revoke the visitation rights of the enemy and give full custody of your mind to God. Truth is, God wants it all anyway.  He is the best custodian there is because He knows how to keep me in perfect peace whoever keeps his mind stayed on him (Isaiah 26:3). I don't know about you, but I need all the peace I can get every day. I am sure you do too. Peace and blessings...


(c) 2013 - The Chronicles of a Strange Girl by Elder Twanna House

No comments:

Post a Comment