Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Good to Be A Strange Girl...

When I decided to start this blog, I thought I was taking a risk. I mean I knew I was always a different kind of person from the beginning even when I was younger.  Recently, I was at a Youth Pastor's appreciation at another church. When she was sharing her remarks, she mentioned about when she met me she thought I was a strange woman. At first, the word strange had a negative connotation in my mind. But then I thought, what about what God says about it in His word?...

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
- I Peter 2:9

Hmmm...Peculiar or should I say strange?

Strange (adjective)
1) not native to or naturally belonging in a place : of external origin, kind, or character
2) not before known, heard, or seen; unfamiliar; foreign;
3) exciting wonder or awe; extraordinary; 

So because of who God has purposed me to be and how He lives in my heart, it does make me strange, even peculiar. Even though I am in this world, I am not of it. The spirit of God that lives on the inside of me along with the beautiful personality He created in me is what makes me extraordinary, unlike anything or anyone else out there. I am unique. I am unfamiliar. I am strange in a very good way. Look, I am not bragging nor am I being conceited. It's just what I believe about me.

So thus, I have entitled this blog, The Chronicles of a Strange Girl. Hopefully with God's grace, I can help encourage other people to not be afraid to embrace their uniqueness as God has designed and anointed them to be. So be you. Don't be afraid to be strange. Be extraordinary, just like me! Besides, God did it on purpose anyway.

Please feel free to share your comments and feedback with me by posting here on the blog or send me an email at twannapg@gmail.com.

Blessings and peace,
Elder Twanna House

(c) 2013 The Chronicles of a Strange Girl by Elder Twanna House

No comments:

Post a Comment