Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Power of Your Testimony

Recently, I shared my testimony about God delivering me from a 30-year struggle with depression and a 14-year battle with masturbation on Facebook and Periscope. My mother mentioned to me one of my close relatives saw my testimony posted on Facebook. She said my relative did not understand my reason for sharing my testimony. I told her "the power of releasing your testimony and being transparent eliminates Satan's ability to keep you in a place of bondage to sin and shame." There is freedom that comes with telling your testimony to the world without fear or shame. It is true sign of deliverance when you are able to tell the truth about where you have been. It does not matter how painful or shameful your experience was. It is in our dirty places in life that births true value (Genesis 2:7).
By sharing my story, I am able to empower others to help them live and see it is possible to recover from devastating circumstances. It also challenges me to fight for my life to keep my deliverance each day. It is through the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony we are able to overcome (Revelation 2:11). I am overcomer and so are you because you are still here to tell your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment