Monday, April 21, 2014

Leading Ahead...

Recently, I heard this quote from one my classmates in a course I am taking online. She said "the tail is nothing without the head." We were discussing effective leadership as it relates to employee empowerment. It can also be applicable in our Christian walk with God. We have to allow God to be the full head of our lives so that we can go in the direction He is leading us.

I have found that I have grown and become more successful when I have submitted myself to proper leadership. However, it was not easy. In the church, solid and faithful leaders are becoming more of a rare breed than the norm. Their examples have been marred with negative circumstances and issues not reflective of the true character of God. That does not excuse Pastors and Leaders in their responsibility to following the sound doctrine of the Word of God in how they lead God's people.

You have to examine the scriptures to see how God connected us and how important leadership is. "Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith." - Hebrews 13:7

It does start with the head and then flows down to the body. In marriage and family, the man is considered to be the head of the home. If he is not fully submitted to God, then everything connected to him becomes out of order. If you think that you can easily operate without proper leadership, it would be quite foolish. No one can be at their best when they are an island to themselves. God did not design it that way. Through godly leadership, you receive correction, counsel, wisdom, and support that ensures safety in your purpose in God. "Without wise leadership, a nation falls; with many counselors, there is safety." - Proverbs 11:14

I am grateful for the great people of God that have been effective leaders by their example in my life. One in particular, Apostle Designate Derian A. House, has been very instrumental in my growth in God. As a Pastor, leader, father, and husband, he has shown by example on how to lead in his labor of love for the people and ministry. Most importantly, I do thank God for being the true head of my life. For without Him, I would be nothing.


Elder Twanna House and Apostle-Designate Derian A. House
 
 
 

(c) 2014  The Chronicles of a Strange Girl by Elder Twanna House

No comments:

Post a Comment