Monday, February 25, 2013

You Make Me Better...

There is a song that rapper Fabolous and R&B singer Ne-Yo did together called "You Make Me Better." The chorus says "I am a movement by myself. But we are force when we are together. Baby I'm good all by myself, but you make me better." I used this song once as a ringtone for my husband, whenever he called my cell phone. Don't trip on me saints of God...I know it is secular song, but I am making a point.

Truth is, I used to think because of being so hurt before that I did not need anyone's help for anything. I felt like I had to know it all, do it all and be it all. It was when I met my husband that God gave me that I realized that I did not have to be so perfect. That is because he loves and accepts me unconditionally.  I believe my husband brings out the best in me because he helps me. He enhances my life by complimenting my weaknesses with his strengths. And I finally understand now that we are stronger together than apart...

"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NLT)

After studying this scripture, I now understand the reason the enemy fights against God-ordained marriage so much. He knows that with the husband and wife together that they pose a greater threat to his kingdom. "How could one person chase a thousand of them, and two people put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, unless the Lord had given them up?" Deuteronomy 32:30 (NLT)

This not only applies to marriage, but to any God-Ordained connections in your life (e.g. Pastor, church body, covenant friends).  I have discovered that living in isolation that may have resulted from past hurt or misunderstanding is a prime situation for the devil to divide and conquer. He will always aim for the weaker of the two to see if can stir up some strife to cause a separation. But I have learned that isolation is not a key to success. In fact, isolation encourages you to not be honest about your weaknesses or flaws. But yet God set things up that way so that we as the body of Christ can all be a help to each other where the one is weak so we can stronger as a unit. But if you are struggling with your own insecurities, you will not know how to appreciate the value of someone that compliments you and can be helpful to you in area where you need strength.

We as the body of Christ, I believe have gotten away from the true blessings of fellowship amongst each other such as strength and wisdom. We have to know that we are stronger and better together and can accomplish so much more for God than if we were apart. So, let's not insecurity, intimidation, or any other schism prevent us from coming together and meshing our strengths and weaknesses for the common goal of all us being successful in fulfilling our God-given purpose.

Peace and Blessings from your Strange Girl,
Elder Twanna House
twannapg@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment